Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese
A quick and easy recipe adapted from The Kitchen Paper but I modified the recipe slightly.
- 250g uncooked Macaroni
- 100g cheddar cheese (shredded/grated)
- 300ml milk (I used evaporated milk left over from my egg tarts baking sessions)
- 35g unsalted butter
- 2 tbs plain/all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt and cook macaroni in it until al dente.
2) Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over small heat (I used small heat coz I was using the happycall pan). Once the butter melted completely, add the flour and stir until combined (took me about a minute or less). Add milk and continue stirring gently, bringing it to a boil and slightly thicken (took me less than 5 minutes) Important note: Do not stop stirring coz the mixture might turned lumpy.
3) Remove pan from heat and add in the shredded/grated cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted, smooth and well blended into the mixture.
4) Add the drained macaroni, salt and pepper into the cheesy sauce and stir until all are well coated. Serve hot or warm.
Posted on 11/25/2013 03:25:00 pm