Butter Cake 牛油蛋糕

 
I'm new to baking and I can't help but wanted to try our this butter cake recipe shared by Amy Yong in the recipes sharing page 好料 share share. I tweaked the recipe though coz I wanted to utilize the cake flour that's gonna expire soon. I'm not sure why but the cake was a bit too moist when I baked it the first time. So, I decided to amend the recipe further by reducing the amount of eggs and milk. Other than that, I used the exact same method to prepare the cake.

The original recipe can be found here. I have shared a couple of my recipes at this recipes sharing page too. My sweet corn kueh and ladybug steamed egg cakes actually received good response :) Here's the video for the ladybug steamed egg cakes if you are keen. Oh, back to the butter cake, the below is my version. Feel free to use any of the version.

Ingredients:
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 block butter - 250g (soften)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fine sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
*Do get a measuring cup if you don't have one. It's really useful. When we see a recipe that calls for a cup of this and that, the cup used is the standard measuring cup and not cups of any sizes that you drink your usual coffee or tea or the up-sized cup of coke in the fast food restaurants.

1) Using the mixer, cream the sugar and butter until pale and creamy. *Can use hi-speed.

2) Switch to medium speed, add the eggs into the sugar and butter mixture one at a time until combined.

3) Add in milk follow by the sifted flour and baking powder. The flour to be added gradually and in 4 batches, that is, when one batch of the flour has incorporation into the mixture, then continue to add another batch. Tips: With the help of the spatula, scrape the side and bottom of the mixer bowl to ensure that all the flour is well combined into the mixture.

4) Pour mixture into a 8-inch round or square baking tin lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to level the mixture. Shake tin lightly and drop the tin lightly on the kitchen counter a couple of time to aid in the even distribution of the mixture. On top of that, this action may helps to get rid of any trapped air bubbles.

5) Bake in pre-heated oven at 160c for 50 - 60 minutes on the lower rack until a test with the skewer comes out clean. ** I reduce the temperature to 150c for the last 15 minutes coz it domed and crack a lil.

6) Remove cake from oven and let cool slightly before transferring the cake out of the tin to cool further on the wire rack. You may like to serve it cooled or when it's still a lil warm.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment