Chicken In Beer 啤酒鸡

 


Chicken in wine 啤酒鸡。This recipe was shared by a colleague at work. I was only given a vague recipe. She did not specify the actual amount of ingredients needed. What's drawn out here is solely based on my noob cooking experience and common sense :P By the way, my colleague is from China but then I think this dish will suit any Asian's palate. At least, I find that it tastes good. By the way, I'm a true-blue Singaporean.
 
Ingredients:
- 4 chicken thighs (chopped in big chunks)
- 1/2 can of beer (any brand)
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 knob of ginger (julienned)
- 1 tbs soya sauce
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 3 star aniseed
- 1 tsp wolfberries (soaked for 10 mins)
- 3 chilli padi (optional)
- pinch of salt

1) Fry garlic and ginger until fragrant with some oil. Add chicken and stir-fry till partially cooked.

2) Pour in the beer, add the five spice powder, star aniseeds, wolfberries and soy sauce and close the cover of the pan/wok and cook until the chicken is done.

3) Add chilli padi and cook for another minute or two. Dish out and serve with rice.

Enjoy!

Click here for a step-by-step tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment