Love the texture, so soft and chewy. Old grandmama and grandpapa will like them I think ;P
Preparation 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 250g glutinous rice flour
- 100g fine sugar
- 400g water (yes in gram)
- 140g ground peanut powder (I used ready-made available at most supermarkets)
- 60g fine sugar (or according to taste)
1) In a bowl, combine (A). Stir until well blended. Run mixture through a sieve once or twice to remove any possible lumps.
2) Pour into a 8-inch square or round tin.
3) Bring water in pan/wok to boil and lower tin into pan/wok. Cover pan/wok and steam mixture under high heat for 20 minutes until fully cooked.
4) In a deep plate, combine (B) and mix well.
5) When mixture is cooked, let the cooked dough cool before cutting stripes from the dough using a knife. Place the stripes of cooked dough into the peanut powder and sugar mix and cut them further into bite-size using a pair of kitchen scissors. Coat well and serve.
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial.