Adapted from a cook book by Chef Alex Goh.
- 200g boiling water
- 35g cocoa powder
- 250g sugar (I used a little lesser)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 120g vegetable oil
- 200g plain flour - all purpose flour (I used cake flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Toasted chopped nuts
1) Mix Ingredients A with a hand whisk until well blended. Add B and mix till well combined. Set aside to cool.
2) Add C and mix until well incorporated. Add D and mix until well combined.
3) Line muffin cases in muffin tin. Spoon batter into the cases. Fill 2/3 full. *Tips: I poured the batter into a measuring cup and fill the cases from the cup. I find it easier that way.
4) Bake in pre-heated oven at 190c in the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. *Note: I baked at 180c for 25 minutes. **Tips: If you aren't sure if the cakes are fully cooked, always do a test by poking a skewer/toothpick into the cake. It's done when the skewer/toothpick comes out clean.
5) Set aside to cool. Spread ganache on top of the cakes and sprinkle with chopped toasted nuts and pipe some white chocolate lining. **I topped the cake with a dollop of nutella instead and sprinkled it with toasted chopped almonds. The amount of topping used, whether it's just a dollop or a generous spoonful, it's up to individual preference.