A failed-proof recipe. Should it really fail, it will just turn into this! Haha! Nothing disastrous :)
This recipe makes 5
- 200g baking chocolate (break into small pieces) or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 100g unsalted butter (softened and cubed)
- 25g confectionery sugar
- 2 eggs
- 20g self-raising flour
1) Beat eggs and sugar until bubbled.
2) Melt chocolate in a heavy pot/pan under small flame. *IMPORTANT NOTE: Remove pot away from flame when chocolate started to melt. Continue stirring and add in soften butter and stir until both are combined.
3) Stir in (2) into the (1) until well mixed then add in the sifted flour. Stir the mixture with a spatula until well combined.
4) Spoon into muffin tray lined with cupcake liners and bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for 11-12 minutes. Important Note: Do not bake over 12 minutes else you will not get the lava effect. Would like to highlight again that every oven is different. And baking is sometimes about trial and error. So do adjust the time accordingly.
5) To serve, you may want to dust it with some icing sugar and top it with fruits. You can also serve it along with a scoop of your favorite ice-cream.