Easy & Economical Cream Corn Fritters


I need to confess that I'd made a wrong purchase. Instead of the can corn kernels in water, I gotten the cream style corn. I don't know what to do with it but later decided that I want to make these corn fritters. We had it for dinner but I think it's better served as an afternoon tea snack coz it's a sweet rather than savory dish. As usual, very easy to prepare AND extremely economical! Below S$3 and you get to feed 6.

Serve 4 - 6 pax

Ingredients
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 cup (125g) self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt

1) Combine the above ingredients and stir with a spoon until batter is well combined.

2) Heat up about 1cm of oil in frying pan/wok and drop batter into the hot oil. Use a tablespoonful for bite-size snack. *I used a ladle for convenience's sake so I managed to yield 10 burger-sized fritters.

3) Fry both side until golden brown and strain excess oil using paper kitchen towels before transferring to a serving plate.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment