Chocolate Mug Cake


I have gotten a new microwave oven from my mother-in-law. Most people use the microwave oven just to heat up food. Other than heating up food, shouldn't the microwave oven be able to do more than just that? It doesn't come cheap *I was lucky to get it 'free'* and takes up quite a bit of space in the kitchen counter top and so I think we should make it more value for money *okay ideally speaking* ;)

Honestly, I cant say this is the best chocolate cake. However, if you need a fuss-free quick fix to your urge for a chocolate cake in the middle of the night or when you are busy, this does the trick. I reckon, we should be practical and not ask too much from a 5-minute recipe using the microwave oven? :)

Preparation 3 min

Microwave 2 min

Serving size 1 pax

Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs top flour/cake flour
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 tbs milk
- 3 tbs icing sugar

1) In a mug, combine the oil, milk and egg and whisk lightly using a small balloon whisk.

2) Sift in the flour, sugar and cocoa powder and continue to whisk all the ingredients until well combined.

3) Microwave at high powder for 2 minutes. Note: I was using The Cornell Microwave Oven with max power of 800w. And do not be alarmed if the content rises in the oven coz it will shrink when cooled.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment