Preparing your hotcakes batter is just so cheap and easy!
Yield 5-7 pieces (depending on the size of the ladle you use)
In 15 minutes
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- sauce of your choice (maple syrup, chocolate sauce, butter and sugar or anything you can think of)
- coloring (optional)
1) Combine the flour, milk, egg and salt in a bowl and whisk until well combined and smooth using a balloon whisk.
2) Optional - Using a piping bag, pipe a heart shape (or any design) with the batter colored with food coloring onto a non-stick pan.
3) Pour a ladle of the batter into the non-stick pan. Batter will spread and set into a nice round shape naturally. *Tips: Fill the ladle full with every scoop so you will get hotcakes of even size.
3) When the batter started to bubble in the centre and the edges started to dry up, flip the hotcake and cook the other side till golden brown.
4) Serve with your favourite sauce.
Fun tips: Fill batter into a sauce bottle and you are ready to make hot cakes with irregular shapes and sizes simply by squeezing the bottle gently and 'drawing' onto the pan. Mickey, Hello Kitty, Minions...You name it, you draw it. Have fun! :)
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial.