Steamed Cod with Garlic
Another quick fix on busy days :) As compared to the Teriyaki Salmon, Teochew-Styled Steamed Pomfret and the Hong Kong-Styled Steamed Seabass, this steamed Cod Fish with garlic is by far the easiest to prepare.
- 1 palm-sized Cod Fish
- 1 heap tbs minced garlic
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1-2 sprig spring onions (cut - for garnishing)
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp huadiao wine
- pinch of pepper
1) Place cleaned fish on a plate of appropriate size.
2) Bring water in steamer to boil.
3) Combine ingredients for sauce and drizzle over fish and steamed fish over high heat for 8 minutes or until done.
4) Heat up oil in pan and fry garlic till lightly brown and fragrant. Drizzle garlic with the oil over the cooked fish. Serve immediately.
Posted on 12/02/2013 01:20:00 pm