Homemade basic croutons. Perfect! So crispy tasty. Good in that bowl of salad, warm soup and soooo goood even on its own that you can eat it as a snack. Definitely not salty
Homemade Basic Croutons
- 6 slices of bread
- 5 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of your favorite dried herbs (I used parsley)
- 1/4 tsp of salt (I used sea salt)
*Other spices that you can also use: coarse black pepper, onion powder, paprika...
1) Brush bread with olive oil on both sides. Cut away the crust and cut each slice of bread into 16 pieces. (Give the bread 3 cut horizontally and 3 cut vertically to achieve 16 pieces.)
2) Place the cubed bread in a big bowl, sprinkle the salt, dried herbs and garlic powder. Toss the bread to ensure they are well coated with the spices.
3) Spread the seasoned bread on the oven tray lined with parchment paper in a single layer.
4) Bake in pre-heated oven at 160c for 12-15mins until the bread turns crisp and golden *every oven is different, do keep a constant lookout coz you dont want to burn them.
If you want to store the croutons, let them cool completely before storing in air-tight container.