杏福花开/Flower-Shaped Almond cookies
杏福满满/Happiness Almond Balls
Early this year, I tried baking Chinese New Year cookies for the first time in my life. I am a novice in baking hence I began my 'trial and error' journey baking the pineapple tarts and almond cookies :P Glad to say, feedbacks from friends and family were positive :) I have already shared the pineapple tart recipe and here's the almond cookie recipes as requested. There are 2 almond cookie recipes that I'm going to share with you here, of which 1 of them is an easy and fuss-free 5-ingredient recipe.
For the 杏福花开/Flower-Shaped Almond cookies, the recipe was adapted from Food Manna and the below is the recipe for 杏福满满/Happiness Almond Balls.
This recipe yields roughly 55 pieces (using 1/2 tbs of dough)
- 225g of self-raising flour
- 90g of fine castor sugar
- 120g of ground almond
- 120g of diced almond
- 150g of corn oil
1) Sift the flour and add in the sugar, ground almond and diced almond. Mix well.
2) Add in the oil and knead to form a dough.
3) Take half a tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball. If it's too crumbly, simple knead the dough in your palm with a clench fist action prior to rolling them gently into shape.
4) Place them in small paper cases and bake in pre-heated oven at 160-180c for 15mins.
5) Cool completely on rack before storing them away.