Easy Ketchup Prawns 蒜茸茄汁虾


My favourite prawns in Ketchup! This is my own recipe. Sometimes I cook based on 'agak-ration' and intuition. I may be new to blogging but I have been cooking for years. To be exact since the year 2000 when my first-born started taking solids and after we got our own home. Like what Wokkingmum told me, we don't owe anyone any explanation and I don't think I need to explain how the recipe came about every time I blog. But still, once & for all, let me tell you that I learnt it from friends, from cookbooks, from recipe sharing websites, from other food bloggers or from my mom/mother-in-law. Sometimes I do tweak the recipe to suit my needs and liking. If I do credit back means I will.

In any way, if you dislike me, you are free to stay away from my blog and for god's sake please do not badmouth or malign me. It will do neither you nor me any good. See here if you do not know what's the meaning of malign.

To those who always stand by me, I'm full of gratitude towards you guys. Thank you!

Okay, cut the crap, here's MY recipe.

Serve 6

Ingredients A:
- 20 big prawns
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 2 sprigs of scallion, cut (for garnishing)

Ingredients B:
- 10 tbs of ketchup
- 10 tbs water
- 1 tbs huadiao wine
- pinch of salt and pepper

1) In a bowl, combine ingredients B and mix well. Set aside.

2) Heat up the oil, add the garlic and fry till fragrant.

3) Add prawns and stir-fry until the prawns are half done. Stir in sauce from (1) and stir-fry prawns until completely cooked.

4) Stir in the eggs and stir-fry briskly for a while, about a minute. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. How hot should the fire be? Medium heat? or high heat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using the Happycall so I was using low heat. Medium heat is ok too.

      Delete