Hoot Hoot! :) This is an original idea.
Goes well with a glass of milk :)
This recipe makes roughly 13 pieces.
- 100g butter (soften)
- 40g sugar
- 100g horlicks/milo/ovaltine
- 100g cake flour/top flour
- 25g corn flour
- 13pc M&M milk chocolate
- 26pc chocolate chips
1) Sift the cake and corn flour into a bowl. Set aside.
2) In a mixer, cream the butter, horlicks and sugar on low speed for 3 mins till creamy and combined. Do not over mix.
3) Off the mixer, fold in the sifted flour and use hands to knead till a dough is formed.
4) Divide dough into 20g each. Roll each dough into a ball between palms. Put it down and flatten it slightly using palm. *Tips: If the dough has crack lines, the cracks can be even out by smoothing with finger tips.
5) Use a teaspoon to cut out a portion from the dough. And using the same cut-out dough, divide it into 2 portion. Roll both portion of the dough into two small balls, flatten them and affix them on the upper part of the 20g dough. They are part of the 'eyes'.
6) Place 1 chocolate chip each on the two small flatten dough. Affix a M&M milk chocolate standing vertically in the centre of the dough, right under the 'eyes'.
7) Bake at pre-heated oven at 140c for 25 minutes.
8) Leave on wire rack to cool before storing in air-tight container.
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial.