My all-time favourite prawns, cooked in wine.
- 20 medium-sized prawns
- 4 tbs huadiao wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp wolfberries (washed, soaked for 10 minutes and drained)
- 1 stalk of scallion (lower part cut in 1-inch length, upper part cut in 1/2cm or julienned for garnishing purpose)
- some cilantro leaves (for garnishing purpose)
- pinch of salt
1) Arrange prawns neatly on a plate and drizzle the wine, sesame, pinch of salt evenly over the prawns. Spread wolfberries evenly over prawns as well. Top with the 1-inch cut scallion.
2) Let prawns soak in the marinade for half an hour.
3) Bring the water in the wok/pan to boil and lower the plate of prawns and steam in high heat for 3 minutes or until the prawns turned completely red which denotes fully-cooked prawns. Do not over-cook the prawns.
4) Garnish with cilantro leaves and scallion. Serve immediately.