Prawns, my favourite! :) Fried but no crispy and crunchy shell. The prawns were still succulent and full of flavour.
- 25 big prawns
- a lil salt and pepper (to season prawns)
Ingredients for batter:
- 3/4 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1 heap tbs (15g) corn flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (110g) water
- 1/2 tsp salt
1) De-shell prawns leaving just the tail area and season prawns with a lil salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2) Combined all the ingredients for the batter and whisk until smooth.
3) Heat up oil and holding prawn by the tail, dip it into the batter and coat well. Lower prawn gently into the hot oil. Fry a few prawns at a time. *Tips: Space prawns apart so that they wont stick together.
4) Deep-fry prawns until golden. Place fried prawns on a paper kitchen towel to drain excess oil before transferring to a serving plate. Serve alongside with your favourite sauce.