I named it traffic light steamed tofu because it consists of the tri-color just like the traffic light, haha... :) Simple as that. With red being the prawns, the corn kernels are yellow and the green is green capsicum of course.
- 1 tub of tofu ideal for soup/steaming
- 150g medium prawns (de-veined and cubed)
- 2 tbs (40g) diced green capsicum
- 2 tbs (40g) corn kernels
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt and pepper
1) Marinade cubed prawns with the seasoning and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
2) Place tofu on a plate (with a little depth preferred). Cubed into 8 pieces.
3) Scatter corn kernels, capsicum and prawns over and around tofu.
4) Bring water in wok/steamer to boil. Lower plate into wok/steamer, cover and steam on high heat 4-5 minutes.
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial.