Crescentia asked if I have simple eggless cake or muffin recipe coz she would like to bake it for her parents who are vegans. So Im sharing one here. And do not be surprised that this eggless cake tastes moist just like any other cakes that contain eggs. My family love it. Hope yours will too :)
Make a 8-inch cake (A no-mixer-required recipe)
- 1 1/4 cup (290g) milk
- 150g butter (melted)
- 180g fine sugar
*If you wondered how I melted the butter, here's my usual way (coz I don't have a microwave oven):
a) Cube the butter.
b) Heat up a heavy pot and remove from heat.
c) Add the butter and let it melt in pot. Give it a few stir. Done.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 30g cocoa powder
- 100g - 150g nutella (depending on the surface area that you want to coat and thickness of coating)
- décor can be fruits like strawberry, sliced banana or M&M etc (to your preference)
1) Sift ingredients B into a bowl. Set aside.
2) Mix ingredients A and hand whisk till well combined. Fold in (1) and mix until well incorporated.
3) Pour batter into a 8-inch round pan lined with baking paper. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for 60 minutes on the lower rack.
*Important note: I may not remember to remind you every time but every oven is different. Hence, baking temperature and time may varies even though everyone may be using the same recipe. Get to know your oven. Make adjustment to baking time and temperature if necessary. I set my oven to default using both top and bottom heat.
4) Remove cake from pan and let cool on rack before coating the cake with nutella and decorate as desire.