Aromatic nutella cinnamon bread pudding. Yum!
- 8 slices of bread (at least a couple of days old)
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 heaps tbs of nutella
- 40g of butter
- 1/4 cup of castor sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbs of icing sugar
1) De-crust (Optional, u can leave it on too) the bread, cut into bite-size and arrange into a 8 x 8" baking pan or ramekin. *Click here to see how to turn the crust into cinnamon sticks so no worries, the crust wont go to waste* ;)
2) Mix the nutella into the cubed bread.
3) In a pot, combine the milk, castor sugar and butter. Boil under low flame until the butter melted and sugar dissolved. Remove from heat, add in the vanilla essence and give it a stir. Set aside.
4) Whisk the eggs. Add in the mixture from (3) into the whisked eggs and stir until combined. Pour mixture into the tray of cubed bread.
5) Sprinkle with cinnamon and let soak for 5 minutes.
6) Place baking pan on a baking plate/roasting pan half-filled with boiling water *We call this the water bath to prevent drying and curdling* Send into pre-heat oven and bake at 175c for 35 minutes or until the pudding is set.
7) Let cool for 10 minutes and dust pudding with icing sugar before serving. Leftover can be chilled in fridge which is equally divine. If u like it warm, it can be microwave too.
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial.