I love Thai food. Got this recipe from my friend Yean Leng who was taught how to cook this Tom Yam soup by her Thai friend.
- 3 stalks lemon grass (sliced diagonally)
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 small onion
- 4-6 chilli padi (I added 6)
- 3 slices galangal aka blue ginger (1/2cm thick)
- 600ml water
- 1 litre chicken stock (I used 1 cube of the knorr chicken cubes)
- Seafood of your choice (I used fish cakes, batang fish and prawns)
Ingredients D (add these according to taste)
- sugar (I added 1 tsp)
- fish sauce (I added 2 tsp)
- green lemon (Give the lemon a good 'massage' before you extract the juice. I added the juice of the whole lemon)
1) Bring Ingredients A to boil in a pot under small flame for 30 minutes.
2) Add Ingredient B to Ingredient A and bring to boil again before adding Ingredients C.
3) Add Ingredients D according to preference. *Tips: add using teaspoon and taste before adding more so that you can get it right.
Enjoy! The taste of Thailand.
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial.