This is an original idea. Jam Drops looking like mini traffic lights :)
Using 1 tsp dough, yield 24 pieces in set of 3's or 72 individual pieces
- 250g plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 125g butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs each of the strawberry/raspberry, apricot/peach/pineapple and apple jam
1) Sift the baking powder and flour into a bowl. Set aside.
2) Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combine. Add the sifted flour and baking powder into the butter, sugar and egg mixture. Knead to form a dough.
3) Using 1 tsp of the dough, roll the dough into a ball and place on the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Use the finger to make a dent in the ball. Make another 2 of it and place them vertically close together to form 1 piece of cookie.
4) Fill each dent with a little Jam. From top to bottom, strawberry, apricot and apple.
5) Bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for 10 minutes. Leave on rack to cool before consuming or u can store in air-tight container and consume within 3 to 5 days.