Old school rock buns :) Many swear that these are their first bake ever! Haha... Guess many of us learnt this during our school days. This was a recipe given by my gal's school when she was having her home economics lesson. Only the ingredients were known. The method was written out based on my noob experience in baking ;)
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g cold butter (cubed)
- 100g sugar
- 50g raisin/chocolate chips (or both)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1) Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the butter and rub the butter into the flour using the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2) Add the sugar and raisin/chocolate chips and mix well.
3) Add the egg and vanilla extract and knead until a dough is formed.
4) Using as tablespoon, evenly space and drop mixture on the tray lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake in pre-heated oven at 190c for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
Posted on 3/24/2014 11:03:00 am