Too many prawns for this lazy mommy to handle. For a better presentation, I suggest that after you'd slit open the back of the prawn, spread open the slit and use the back of a knife to pound it lightly. This will prevent the prawns from curling when cooked.
- 20 medium-sized prawns
- 10 to 12 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 sprig spring onion (chopped)
- 2 tbs huadiao wine
- 4 tbs light soy sauce
- 4 tbs water
- pinch of salt
1) Clean prawns, trim away feelers, de-vein and cut slit on the back. Arrange prawns on a plate.
2) Heat up some oil and fry garlic until fragrant. Take care not to over fry the garlic. Just make sure the garlic turned slightly browned.
3) Spread and sprinkle garlic evenly over prawns especially in the back opening of the prawns. Sprinkle some salt and drizzle over the wine.
4) Bring water in steamer to boil and steamer prawns over high heat for 5 minutes until the prawns turned completely red. Remove from steamer and scatter spring onion over prawns.
5) Combine the soy sauce and water. Heat up mixture in the wok or a small pot and drizzle mixture over prawns.