Banana Walnut Muffins 香蕉核桃松糕


While I was baking, the lil one asked: Mommy, what are you baking? Muffins, I replied. She continued: What design is the muffin? I was like: Huh? Nope, no design. She said again: No design, no cartoon? Well, mommy does bake 'normal' stuff -.- My bakes do not necessary come with creative design la, haha..

Here's a self-concoct recipe for my friend Jolene who asked about it just the other day. No sugar added but I still find it yummy and definitely moist yet fluffy. Perhaps I dont have a sweet tooth? :) Nevertheless, you may still want to add sugar to it.

This recipe yields 12 muffins

Ingredients:
- 420g ripe banana (mashed but dont mash it too finely. You want to see some chunks)
- 200g all-purpose/plain flour
- 80g walnuts (toasted for 5-8 minutes and coarsely chopped)
- 100g castor sugar (optional. Banana is already sweet. I like it without the sugar too.)
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 70g vegetable oil (I used soybean oil. Either one is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

1) Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder sugar and salt into a bowl. Toss in the walnuts and mix well.

2) Combine the banana, oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well.

3) Add (2) into (1) and mix til just combined *Important note: Do not over mix.

4) Line cupcake cases in the muffin pan and fill the cases 3/4 full.

5) Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes at 180c.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment