Adapted from my friend Jennifer's food blog.
Using a 1/2 tbs portion which weighs roughly 13g, this recipe yield roughly 72 pieces.
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 200g glutinous rice flour
- 80g cake flour
- 40g corn flour
- 150g sugar.
- Some Icing sugar to coat
- Salt (I didnt add salt which is optional)
1) De-skin, cut sweet potatoes into small pieces and steam till soft.
2) Mash steamed sweet potatoes together with sugar and let cool.
3) Add all the flour and knead into a dough. I added some warm water coz my dough turned out a bit dry.
4) Roll into balls.
5) Deep fry till golden brown.
6) Coat with icing sugar and serve.
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial.